If you’re looking for a healthy, vegan tofu bolognese recipe, you came to the right place! This is a delicious, hearty meal that’s a great plant-based alternative to a classic Italian dinner.
It’s super easy to make & oh-so-delicious! Even non-vegans will want a second serving. Keep reading to learn more!
(Note: This article contains affiliate links, meaning In On Around will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. This helps me maintain the site. As always, I value full transparency & only work with brands I love and trust.)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes (may be different depending on the brand of air fryer)
Vegan Tofu Bolognese Ingredients Needed:
- Extra-firm organic tofu (the star of the show!)
- Pasta of choice, like spaghetti (you can also opt for gluten-free, which is my preference)
- Jar of favorite organic tomato sauce
2 tablespoons of each:
- Tomato sauce (organic)
- Paprika (organic)
- Garlic powder (organic)
- Onion powder (organic)
- Olive oil or avocado oil (organic)
- Soy sauce (organic)
1 tablespoon of each:
- Black pepper (organic)
- Himalayan pink salt
Vegan Tofu Bolognese Recipe Steps:
- Collect all of the ingredients & in a large bowl mix together the marinade ingredients.
- Whisk it all together until it’s well blended
- Drain your tofu block (no need to press it)
- With your hands, crumble the tofu directly into the marinade bowl (keep the crumbles small)
- Stir together the marinade and tofu crumbles
- Lay evenly on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes until the crumbles are browned and crispy. Make sure to stir & check on them every ~5 minutes.
- The air fryer I use: Chefman Stainless Steel Toast-Air Air Fryer + Oven
- This will also work great in a regular oven but may take a bit longer to crisp
- While the tofu is baking, boil your pasta of choice
- When the tofu is browned & the pasta is cooked, top with some basil to garnish & additional tomato sauce, to taste.
- If you’re non-vegan, you can also add some organic parmesan cheese on top.
- Enjoy! (& take photos to share with @InOnAround)
Have you tried tofu bolognese?
If you make this recipe, let me know what you think! You’ll love it.
You can watch our web story here.
Want to read more? Check out my other articles here!
Copyright In On Around LLC 2021 ©. The statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information provided by this website should not be used as individual medical advice and you should always consult your doctor for individual recommendations and treatment.
Leave a Reply