If you’re looking for a healthier, vegan version of chicken nuggets, this recipe is for you! These air-fried vegan tofu nuggets are the perfect snack or dinner for any occasion (and great for dipping).
They’re easy to make, crispy, and delicious. Even non-vegans will enjoy!
(Note: This article contains affiliate links, meaning In On Around will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. This helps me maintain the site. As always, I value full transparency & only work with brands I love and trust.)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Tofu Nugget Ingredients Needed:
- One (15 oz) block of organic tofu (pressed and drained of liquid)
- Lemon juice from one organic medium lemon
- 1 cup organic soy sauce
- 1 tbsp organic avocado oil (my favorite is Chosen Foods)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1.5 cups of Japanese panko
- 3 tsp organic garlic powder
- 2 tsp organic onion powder
- 2 tsp organic cayenne pepper
- 3 tsp Himalayan pink salt
Air-Fried Vegan Tofu Nuggets – Recipe Steps:
- Press the tofu for at least 15 minutes to remove as much moisture as possible (the longer the better). I wrap the tofu block in paper towels and cover it with a heavy book. This is essential if you want the nuggets to be crispy!
- Slowly cut the tofu block into 2 by 2 squares.
- Using 3 separate bowls, combine the ingredients for the marinade, batter, and crumb mixtures.
- Using the double-coating method, dip each individual tofu square into the batter ➜ marinade ➜ batter ➜ marinade ➜ crumb mixture.
- Spray the air fryer tray with avocado oil & line all of the nuggets on the tray.
- Pop in the air fryer for ~15 minutes at 375°F (or until golden brown)
- Time to enjoy! They taste best with organic ketchup or tomato sauce. Take pictures & share with @InOnAround on Instagram!
Did you try these air-fried vegan tofu nuggets?
If you make the recipe, let me know what you think!
Want to read more? Check out my other articles here!
Copyright In On Around LLC 2021 ©. The statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information provided by this website should not be used as individual medical advice and you should always consult your doctor for individual recommendations and treatment.