What goes in, on & around your body matters.
Welcome to In On Around!
Hi there! I’m Catherine Cabano, the Founder and CEO of In On Around™. I’m a Holistic Health Consultant & Ingredient Safety Expert. At In On Around™, I empower women of all ages to live their happiest and healthiest lives through holistic wellbeing. My mission is to help women ditch the toxins and take control of what goes in, on & around their bodies.
By taking a holistic view of your current lifestyle, I can help you transition to clean beauty & plant-based, organic, non-toxic nutrition.
Catherine Cabano’s Background
- Bachelor’s of Science in Animal Science with a concentration in Food Science from UConn.
- Harvard University Master’s degree.
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Certified Personal Trainer.
- Fortune 500 work experience in Regulatory Compliance, Personal Care Quality & Food Safety.
- Research, policy and teaching experience in Food Science.
- Lifelong health & fitness advocate.
In my free time, you’ll find me spending time with loved ones, petting dogs (… pretty much every dog I see) & working out.
Why Is Our Mission Focused On Holistic Wellbeing?
Where do I start?! Health & wellness is everything. Health truly is wealth!
In America, we have a “sick care” system, not a “health care” system. You shouldn’t have to get sick to focus on your wellbeing! Being proactive is more effective than being reactive.
In On Around Features
Nominated for Best of Long Island in the holistic wellness category!
Homes & Gardens: How To Clean Blinds – Expert Ways To Make Them Pristine
ET Magazine: The Foods You Should Eat (& Avoid) For Inflammation
Organic Krush: Krush Community Interview With Catherine Cabano
Why Predominantely Plant-Based & Organic?
All protein originates from plants. Cows, chickens, and pigs are just the middlemen. Some of the largest and strongest animals in the animal kingdom are herbivores. Have you ever seen an ox, rhino or elephant eat meat? Nope!
In fact, 83% of world farmland usage is for animal/livestock, yet it only provides 18% of the world’s calories (Oxford).
The American way of animal agriculture is unsustainable, unhealthy, and inhumane. Additionally, pesticides are toxic to human and animal health. They can affect many aspects of our wellbeing, ranging from fertility, brain development, respiratory problems to cancer.
For these reasons (and many more) my mission is to promote a predominantly plant-based & organic lifestyle through regenerative agriculture. No, you don’t need to ditch meat altogether if you don’t want to – that choice is yours.
The World Health Organization classifies processed meat as a Group 1 carcinogen (it’s KNOWN to be a human carcinogen).
This means that there is very strong evidence that processed meats (the traditional deli meats, bacon, hot dogs, ham etc…) increase your risk of bowel & stomach cancer.
.. So what can you do?
- Cut your processed meat intake
- Limit your intake of processed meat
- If you eat meat, opt for organic, pasture-raised, grass-fed, grass-finished & local (if possible). Humanely raised & regenerative is key. A healthy animal = healthy meat.
- Eat more plant-based! Feel free to comment or DM me if you have questions about it.
Why Preventive Care Is Important
1) 1/4 people are dying from cardiovascular disease (CDC). Our processed meat-centric and “traditional American diet” is making the problem much worse.
2) 1/3 of Americans have high blood pressure (CDC)… A serious underlying condition that makes you vulnerable to illness. We need more nationwide education & awareness on this topic!
3) 10% of the world’s population is obese. By 2045, this number is expected to rise to 22% (New England Journal of Medicine). This is a major public health crisis (plus the implications on our health care system & Medicaid are astronomical).
4) 70% of deaths worldwide are due to chronic diseases (CDC). This has a significant impact on our country’s economy & health care system.
5) Sperm count in Western Men has dropped 50%+ since 1973 (NY Times).
6) Our country’s regulatory bodies are NOT adequately protecting the public from carcinogens and endocrine disruptors in our food and personal care products. There are hidden dangers that most of us are unaware of.
7) In reality, big dairy/AG, the factory-farming industry, GMO industry, amongst others, have tremendous, silent, money-centric control over the American way of life.
8) Factory farms are breeding grounds for bacteria, viruses, parasites. It is a leading cause of climate change, pollution, and animal abuse.
9) Pesticides on our “safe” food are damaging the brains of children & adults both in utero and after birth (Springer Science).
The Importance Of Gut Health
Gut health is foundational for your overall health! In fact, 95% of serotonin is made in the gut.
Serotonin is a very important neurotransmitter that regulates anxiety, happiness, and mood. It’s also essential for sleeping, eating & digestion.
If you’re struggling with depression, mood regulation, anxiety, digestive issues etc… focus on your gut health.
This will not happen overnight… but creating consistent, daily habits to improve your gut can make all of the difference.
Some quick gut health tips:
- Evaluate if you have food sensitivities or intolerances
- Eat a predominantly organic plant-based, anti-inflammatory, diet (give your gut some time to heal).
- Control your stress levels
- Get enough sleep!
- Eat less added sugar
- Don’t take antibiotics unless deemed absolutely necessary by your doctor
- Incorporate prebiotic and probiotic-rich foods with high fiber
- Exercise daily
… and so, so much more.
Where Can You Find More Info?
We have a wide range of information available on the In On Around blog! You can also follow us on Instagram @inonaround and Pinterest, where we consistently post new information. Be sure to check out the shop & Clean Beauty Checklist!
Browse the site & reach out if you have any questions.
We’re so glad you’re here!
Catherine Cabano, CEO & Founder
With Valentine's Day around the corner, there's no better time to focus on heart health. In fact, all of February is Heart Month! Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States - ...
Did you know that on average produce travels 1500 miles to reach the shelves in your grocery store? 1500 miles will take you from Miami to Boston - certainly not a quick trip! The terms "seasonal ...
Tea has been hailed all over the world for being one of the healthiest drinks - and for good reason! As one of the oldest herbal remedies, green tea has a long list of health benefits. It's no wonder ...
Did you know that most of our plates, bowls, mugs, and cups contain heavy metals, like lead and cadmium, that can leach into our food and drinks? Even the smallest amount of exposure to metals, like ...
If you're not already incorporating turmeric with black pepper (curcuma longa), aka "the golden spice," into your diet, you're missing out on some amazing benefits! It's by far one of the most ...
When you’re making the swap over to nontoxic beauty products, don’t overlook those beautiful nails! Looking for a pretty mani without the dangerous chemicals? What is 10-Free nail polish? Everyone ...
Based on ancient Ayurvedic rituals, dry brushing is a wonderful practice and a great addition to your routine! While the practice has been regularly used for hundreds of years, it's gaining popularity ...
The new year is here! With it comes a fresh opportunity to set new annual & monthly goals. New Year's Resolutions are a great way to check-in on your progress and re-evaluate what is or is not ...
One of the best ways to support a healthy gut is to incorporate fermented foods and drinks into your daily diet! We have trillions of bacteria inside of us - most of which are essential, good ...