What goes in, on & around your body matters.
Welcome to In On Around!
Hi there! I’m Catherine Power (formerly Catherine Cabano), the Founder and CEO of In On Around®. I’m a Holistic Health Consultant & Ingredient Safety Expert. At In On Around®, I empower women of all ages to live their happiest and healthiest lives through holistic wellbeing. My mission is to help women ditch the toxins and take control of what goes in, on & around their bodies.
By taking a holistic view of your current lifestyle, I can help you transition to clean beauty & organic, non-toxic nutrition.
Catherine Power’s Background
- Bachelor’s of Science in Animal Science with a concentration in Food Science from UConn.
- Harvard University Master’s degree.
- Fortune 500 work experience in Regulatory Compliance, Personal Care Quality & Food Safety.
- Research, policy and teaching experience in Food Science.
- Lifelong health & fitness advocate.
- Previouse ACE-Certified personal trainer.
In my free time, you’ll find me spending time with loved ones, petting dogs (… pretty much every dog I see) & working out.
Why Is Our Mission Focused On Holistic Wellbeing?
Where do I start?! Health & wellness is everything. Health truly is wealth!
In America, we have a “sick care” system, not a “health care” system. You shouldn’t have to get sick to focus on your wellbeing! Being proactive is more effective than being reactive.
In On Around Features
Nominated for Best of Long Island in the holistic wellness category!
→ Homes & Gardens
→ Real Homes
→ Well + Good
→ ET Magazine
→ Organic Krush
→ Clean Juice
As we age, it's natural for our vision to change over time. What once was easy to see, may now require reading glasses or contacts for driving. It's a natural part of life, somewhat influenced by ...
Our lives are very busy and we're oftentimes disconnected from the natural world around us. We're constantly looking at screens, living in concrete jungles, and battling daily stress. Luckily, there's ...
Are you feeling a little out of alignment lately? Perhaps you've been considering visiting a chiropractor to help you get back on track. Before you make your appointment, it's important to understand ...
Switching from antiperspirant to non-toxic deodorant is no easy feat. Natural deodorant can be tricky to master, especially if you sweat a lot or suffer from hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating). It ...
Are you feeling salty about not being able to enjoy your favorite foods because of health concerns? Well, fear not my seasoned foodie friends, because today we are diving into the world of the ...
When it comes to painting our homes, we often focus on the color and cost of the paint, but there's more to consider than just aesthetics and budget. With hundreds of paint companies producing "safer" ...
With the advent of technology, various fertility awareness apps have been developed to help individuals track and monitor their basal body temperature and menstrual cycle. These apps can help you make ...
Botulinum toxin injections are popular to ward off fine lines and achieve smooth, wrinkle-free skin... but not without side effects. There are a variety of natural alternatives to Botox available for ...
Air fryers have become a trendy "healthier" alternative to traditional deep-frying. Whether you're looking to make a quick and easy weeknight dinner or impress guests with a homemade meal, an air ...
Why Preventive Care Is Important
1) 1/4 people are dying from cardiovascular disease (CDC). Our processed meat-centric and “traditional American diet” is making the problem much worse.
2) 1/3 of Americans have high blood pressure (CDC)… A serious underlying condition that makes you vulnerable to illness. We need more nationwide education & awareness on this topic!
3) 10% of the world’s population is obese. By 2045, this number is expected to rise to 22% (New England Journal of Medicine). This is a major public health crisis (plus the implications on our health care system & Medicaid are astronomical).
4) 70% of deaths worldwide are due to chronic diseases (CDC). This has a significant impact on our country’s economy & health care system.
5) Sperm count in Western Men has dropped 50%+ since 1973 (NY Times).
6) Our country’s regulatory bodies are NOT adequately protecting the public from carcinogens and endocrine disruptors in our food and personal care products. There are hidden dangers that most of us are unaware of.
7) In reality, big dairy/AG, the factory-farming industry, GMO industry, amongst others, have tremendous, silent, money-centric control over the American way of life.
8) Factory farms are breeding grounds for bacteria, viruses, parasites. It is a leading cause of climate change, pollution, and animal abuse.
9) Pesticides on our “safe” food are damaging the brains of children & adults both in utero and after birth (Springer Science).
The Importance Of Gut Health
Gut health is foundational for your overall health! In fact, 95% of serotonin is made in the gut.
Serotonin is a very important neurotransmitter that regulates anxiety, happiness, and mood. It’s also essential for sleeping, eating & digestion.
If you’re struggling with depression, mood regulation, anxiety, digestive issues etc… focus on your gut health.
This will not happen overnight… but creating consistent, daily habits to improve your gut can make all of the difference.
Some quick gut health tips:
- Evaluate if you have food sensitivities or intolerances
- Eat a predominantly organic plant-based, anti-inflammatory, diet (give your gut some time to heal).
- Control your stress levels
- Get enough sleep!
- Eat less added sugar
- Don’t take antibiotics unless deemed absolutely necessary by your doctor
- Incorporate prebiotic and probiotic-rich foods with high fiber
- Exercise daily
… and so, so much more.
Where Can You Find More Info?
We have a wide range of information available on the In On Around blog! You can also follow us on Instagram @inonaround and Pinterest, where we consistently post new information. Be sure to check out the shop & Clean Beauty Checklist!
Browse the site & reach out if you have any questions.
We’re so glad you’re here!
Catherine Power, CEO & Founder