What goes in, on & around your body matters.
Welcome to In On Around!
Hi there! I’m Catherine Cabano, the Founder and CEO of In On Around®. I’m a Holistic Health Consultant & Ingredient Safety Expert. At In On Around®, I empower women of all ages to live their happiest and healthiest lives through holistic wellbeing. My mission is to help women ditch the toxins and take control of what goes in, on & around their bodies.
By taking a holistic view of your current lifestyle, I can help you transition to clean beauty & organic, non-toxic nutrition.
Catherine Cabano’s Background
- Bachelor’s of Science in Animal Science with a concentration in Food Science from UConn.
- Harvard University Master’s degree.
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Certified Personal Trainer.
- Fortune 500 work experience in Regulatory Compliance, Personal Care Quality & Food Safety.
- Research, policy and teaching experience in Food Science.
- Lifelong health & fitness advocate.
In my free time, you’ll find me spending time with loved ones, petting dogs (… pretty much every dog I see) & working out.
Why Is Our Mission Focused On Holistic Wellbeing?
Where do I start?! Health & wellness is everything. Health truly is wealth!
In America, we have a “sick care” system, not a “health care” system. You shouldn’t have to get sick to focus on your wellbeing! Being proactive is more effective than being reactive.
In On Around Features
Nominated for Best of Long Island in the holistic wellness category!
→ Homes & Gardens
→ Real Homes
→ Well + Good
→ ET Magazine
→ Organic Krush
→ Clean Juice
Is Chiropractic Pseudoscience? Benefits & Risks Explained
Are you feeling a little out of alignment lately? Perhaps you've been considering visiting a chiropractor to help you get back on track. Before you make your appointment, it's important to understand ...
Natural Non-Toxic Deodorant: The Ultimate Guide
Switching from antiperspirant to non-toxic deodorant is no easy feat. Natural deodorant can be tricky to master, especially if you sweat a lot or suffer from hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating). It ...
What Are The Healthiest Salt Brands? Minerals In Salt 101
Are you feeling salty about not being able to enjoy your favorite foods because of health concerns? Well, fear not my seasoned foodie friends, because today we are diving into the world of the ...
Top 11 Healthy, Zero-VOC, & Non-Toxic Paint Brands
When it comes to painting our homes, we often focus on the color and cost of the paint, but there's more to consider than just aesthetics and budget. With hundreds of paint companies producing "safer" ...
Tempdrop, Daysy & BBT Fertility Awareness Method Apps
With the advent of technology, various fertility awareness apps have been developed to help individuals track and monitor their basal body temperature and menstrual cycle. These apps can help you make ...
Natural Alternatives To Botox For Wrinkle Prevention
Botulinum toxin injections are popular to ward off fine lines and achieve smooth, wrinkle-free skin... but not without side effects. There are a variety of natural alternatives to Botox available for ...
Safest Non-Toxic Air Fryers Free Of Teflon
Air fryers have become a trendy "healthier" alternative to traditional deep-frying. Whether you're looking to make a quick and easy weeknight dinner or impress guests with a homemade meal, an air ...
Non-Toxic Activewear: BPA & PFAS In Workout Clothes?
Newsflash: your gym clothes could be toxic. Many popular clothing brands have come under fire recently for containing chemicals like BPA and PFAS. So, do workout clothes contain unsafe chemicals? What ...
Blue Light Glasses Benefits – Do They Work?
Computers, phones, and TVs are regularly used in our day-to-day lives... but do you ever find yourself with a pounding headache after a long day of staring at screens? Please welcome: blue ...
Why Preventive Care Is Important
1) 1/4 people are dying from cardiovascular disease (CDC). Our processed meat-centric and “traditional American diet” is making the problem much worse.
2) 1/3 of Americans have high blood pressure (CDC)… A serious underlying condition that makes you vulnerable to illness. We need more nationwide education & awareness on this topic!
3) 10% of the world’s population is obese. By 2045, this number is expected to rise to 22% (New England Journal of Medicine). This is a major public health crisis (plus the implications on our health care system & Medicaid are astronomical).
4) 70% of deaths worldwide are due to chronic diseases (CDC). This has a significant impact on our country’s economy & health care system.
5) Sperm count in Western Men has dropped 50%+ since 1973 (NY Times).
6) Our country’s regulatory bodies are NOT adequately protecting the public from carcinogens and endocrine disruptors in our food and personal care products. There are hidden dangers that most of us are unaware of.
7) In reality, big dairy/AG, the factory-farming industry, GMO industry, amongst others, have tremendous, silent, money-centric control over the American way of life.
8) Factory farms are breeding grounds for bacteria, viruses, parasites. It is a leading cause of climate change, pollution, and animal abuse.
9) Pesticides on our “safe” food are damaging the brains of children & adults both in utero and after birth (Springer Science).
The Importance Of Gut Health
Gut health is foundational for your overall health! In fact, 95% of serotonin is made in the gut.
Serotonin is a very important neurotransmitter that regulates anxiety, happiness, and mood. It’s also essential for sleeping, eating & digestion.
If you’re struggling with depression, mood regulation, anxiety, digestive issues etc… focus on your gut health.
This will not happen overnight… but creating consistent, daily habits to improve your gut can make all of the difference.
Some quick gut health tips:
- Evaluate if you have food sensitivities or intolerances
- Eat a predominantly organic plant-based, anti-inflammatory, diet (give your gut some time to heal).
- Control your stress levels
- Get enough sleep!
- Eat less added sugar
- Don’t take antibiotics unless deemed absolutely necessary by your doctor
- Incorporate prebiotic and probiotic-rich foods with high fiber
- Exercise daily
… and so, so much more.
Where Can You Find More Info?
We have a wide range of information available on the In On Around blog! You can also follow us on Instagram @inonaround and Pinterest, where we consistently post new information. Be sure to check out the shop & Clean Beauty Checklist!
Browse the site & reach out if you have any questions.
We’re so glad you’re here!
Catherine Cabano, CEO & Founder