What goes in, on & around your body matters.
Welcome to In On Around!
Hi there! I’m Catherine Cabano, the Founder and CEO of In On Around™. I’m a Holistic Health Consultant & Ingredient Safety Expert. At In On Around™, I empower women of all ages to live their happiest and healthiest lives through holistic wellbeing. My mission is to help women ditch the toxins and take control of what goes in, on & around their bodies.
By taking a holistic view of your current lifestyle, I can help you transition to clean beauty & plant-based, organic, non-toxic nutrition.
Catherine Cabano’s Background
- Bachelor’s of Science in Animal Science with a concentration in Food Science from UConn.
- Harvard University Master’s degree.
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Certified Personal Trainer.
- Fortune 500 work experience in Regulatory Compliance, Personal Care Quality & Food Safety.
- Research, policy and teaching experience in Food Science.
- Lifelong health & fitness advocate.
In my free time, you’ll find me spending time with loved ones, petting dogs (… pretty much every dog I see) & working out.
Why Is Our Mission Focused On Holistic Wellbeing?
Where do I start?! Health & wellness is everything. Health truly is wealth!
In America, we have a “sick care” system, not a “health care” system. You shouldn’t have to get sick to focus on your wellbeing! Being proactive is more effective than being reactive.
In On Around Features
Nominated for Best of Long Island in the holistic wellness category!
Homes & Gardens: How To Clean Blinds – Expert Ways To Make Them Pristine
ET Magazine: The Foods You Should Eat (& Avoid) For Inflammation
Organic Krush: Krush Community Interview With Catherine Cabano
Why Predominantely Plant-Based & Organic?
All protein originates from plants. Cows, chickens, and pigs are just the middlemen. Some of the largest and strongest animals in the animal kingdom are herbivores. Have you ever seen an ox, rhino or elephant eat meat? Nope!
In fact, 83% of world farmland usage is for animal/livestock, yet it only provides 18% of the world’s calories (Oxford).
The American way of animal agriculture is unsustainable, unhealthy, and inhumane. Additionally, pesticides are toxic to human and animal health. They can affect many aspects of our wellbeing, ranging from fertility, brain development, respiratory problems to cancer.
For these reasons (and many more) my mission is to promote a predominantly plant-based & organic lifestyle through regenerative agriculture. No, you don’t need to ditch meat altogether if you don’t want to – that choice is yours.
The World Health Organization classifies processed meat as a Group 1 carcinogen (it’s KNOWN to be a human carcinogen).
This means that there is very strong evidence that processed meats (the traditional deli meats, bacon, hot dogs, ham etc…) increase your risk of bowel & stomach cancer.
.. So what can you do?
- Cut your processed meat intake
- Limit your intake of processed meat
- If you eat meat, opt for organic, pasture-raised, grass-fed, grass-finished & local (if possible). Humanely raised & regenerative is key. A healthy animal = healthy meat.
- Eat more plant-based! Feel free to comment or DM me if you have questions about it.
Why Preventive Care Is Important
1) 1/4 people are dying from cardiovascular disease (CDC). Our processed meat-centric and “traditional American diet” is making the problem much worse.
2) 1/3 of Americans have high blood pressure (CDC)… A serious underlying condition that makes you vulnerable to illness. We need more nationwide education & awareness on this topic!
3) 10% of the world’s population is obese. By 2045, this number is expected to rise to 22% (New England Journal of Medicine). This is a major public health crisis (plus the implications on our health care system & Medicaid are astronomical).
4) 70% of deaths worldwide are due to chronic diseases (CDC). This has a significant impact on our country’s economy & health care system.
5) Sperm count in Western Men has dropped 50%+ since 1973 (NY Times).
6) Our country’s regulatory bodies are NOT adequately protecting the public from carcinogens and endocrine disruptors in our food and personal care products. There are hidden dangers that most of us are unaware of.
7) In reality, big dairy/AG, the factory-farming industry, GMO industry, amongst others, have tremendous, silent, money-centric control over the American way of life.
8) Factory farms are breeding grounds for bacteria, viruses, parasites. It is a leading cause of climate change, pollution, and animal abuse.
9) Pesticides on our “safe” food are damaging the brains of children & adults both in utero and after birth (Springer Science).
The Importance Of Gut Health
Gut health is foundational for your overall health! In fact, 95% of serotonin is made in the gut.
Serotonin is a very important neurotransmitter that regulates anxiety, happiness, and mood. It’s also essential for sleeping, eating & digestion.
If you’re struggling with depression, mood regulation, anxiety, digestive issues etc… focus on your gut health.
This will not happen overnight… but creating consistent, daily habits to improve your gut can make all of the difference.
Some quick gut health tips:
- Evaluate if you have food sensitivities or intolerances
- Eat a predominantly organic plant-based, anti-inflammatory, diet (give your gut some time to heal).
- Control your stress levels
- Get enough sleep!
- Eat less added sugar
- Don’t take antibiotics unless deemed absolutely necessary by your doctor
- Incorporate prebiotic and probiotic-rich foods with high fiber
- Exercise daily
… and so, so much more.
Where Can You Find More Info?
We have a wide range of information available on the In On Around blog! You can also follow us on Instagram @inonaround and Pinterest, where we consistently post new information. Be sure to check out the shop & Clean Beauty Checklist!
Browse the site & reach out if you have any questions.
We’re so glad you’re here!
Catherine Cabano, CEO & Founder
We all know about the importance of proper hydration, but electrolytes are regularly left out of that discussion. You can be drinking a ton of H2O, but are you properly absorbing it? What are ...
Have you ever thought about what's in a pad or tampon?! Period products come in contact with your most intimate and sensitive body parts... but what are they actually made out of? What are the ...
No one likes unexpected pests in, on, or around the house! Ants, roaches, spiders galore - say no more. Here are some more natural pest control remedies for indoors and outdoors (including in your ...
Lunch meats, hamburgers, and hot dogs are common staples in American cuisine. In fact, about 89% of Americans include meat in their diet.  Despite its popularity, certain types of meat can have a ...
Amazon Prime Day is right around the corner! It's one of the best days of the year to snag deals on some of your favorite products. Looking for some healthy Amazon Prime Day deals? I've got you ...
After having a long day at work, it's time to unwind and relax. Lighting a candle can be a simple way to de-stress and create the perfect ambiance for self-care, but did you know that they can come ...
CBD oil has become a popular treatment option for stress and anxiety. It's more than just a trend! But what's the hype? Are there dangerous CBD brands sold on the market? Are there risks? Is it ...
It's extremely important to use high-quality, safe materials while cooking. Unfortunately, the majority of pots and pans have the potential to leach nasty chemicals into your food! While non-stick ...
Lately, cryotherapy has gained serious popularity within the health space. It's become a common ritual amongst wellness gurus, celebrities, and athletes. But does submerging your body in a tub of ...