What goes in, on & around your body matters.
Welcome to In On Around!
Hi there! I’m Catherine Power (formerly Catherine Cabano), the Founder and CEO of In On Around®. I’m a Holistic Health Consultant & Ingredient Safety Expert. At In On Around®, I empower women of all ages to live their happiest and healthiest lives through holistic wellbeing. My mission is to help women ditch the toxins and take control of what goes in, on & around their bodies.
By taking a holistic view of your current lifestyle, I can help you transition to clean beauty & organic, non-toxic nutrition.
Catherine Power’s Background
- Bachelor’s of Science in Animal Science with a concentration in Food Science from UConn.
- Harvard University Master’s degree.
- Fortune 500 work experience in Regulatory Compliance, Personal Care Quality & Food Safety.
- Research, policy and teaching experience in Food Science.
- Lifelong health & fitness advocate.
- Previouse ACE-Certified personal trainer.
In my free time, you’ll find me spending time with loved ones, petting dogs (… pretty much every dog I see) & working out.
Why Is Our Mission Focused On Holistic Wellbeing?
Where do I start?! Health & wellness is everything. Health truly is wealth!
In America, we have a “sick care” system, not a “health care” system. You shouldn’t have to get sick to focus on your wellbeing! Being proactive is more effective than being reactive.
In On Around Features
Nominated for Best of Long Island in the holistic wellness category!
→ Homes & Gardens
→ Real Homes
→ Well + Good
→ ET Magazine
→ Organic Krush
→ Clean Juice
When you're diving into the world of non-toxic kitchen accessories, toasters are oftentimes overlooked... but In On Around has you covered! No more worrying about harmful fumes from PFAS or ...
Say goodbye to harmful chemicals lurking in those razor moisture strips and say hello to a clean, green shave that will leave your skin feeling smooth! In this article, we'll unveil the secrets behind ...
Ah, dry cleaning. It's the necessary evil that keeps our fancy clothes looking fresh and clean - right? Dry cleaners tout big "organic" signs in their windows to show that they're healthier and don't ...
Are you feeling a bit scrambled when it comes to egg choices? From pasture-raised to free-range, cage-free, and organic, it can be very confusing when trying to figure out the best eggs to buy. What's ...
Hey there, mamas-to-be! Pregnancy is a very exciting time, but it also comes with some not-so-fun stuff like swollen feet and bizarre food cravings. And now, you get to add one more thing to the list: ...
You may have tried seaweed in your local sushi joint, but have you tried sea moss? Sure, it doesn't sound like the most appetizing thing to eat... but sea moss gel has a surprising amount of potential ...
While home flooring is easy to overlook, it's a key component in creating a healthy indoor home environment. With new floors being a significant investment in your home, it's crucial to opt for ...
Looking for a shower curtain that won't expose you to nasty chemicals and smells? You're in luck because there are plenty of non-toxic options to make a splash in your bathroom! In this post, we'll ...
Have you ever noticed those "Prop 65" warning labels on some of your favorite products? You know, the ones that caution you about potential exposures to certain chemicals? Well, today we're diving ...
Why Preventive Care Is Important
1) 1/4 people are dying from cardiovascular disease (CDC). Our processed meat-centric and “traditional American diet” is making the problem much worse.
2) 1/3 of Americans have high blood pressure (CDC)… A serious underlying condition that makes you vulnerable to illness. We need more nationwide education & awareness on this topic!
3) 10% of the world’s population is obese. By 2045, this number is expected to rise to 22% (New England Journal of Medicine). This is a major public health crisis (plus the implications on our health care system & Medicaid are astronomical).
4) 70% of deaths worldwide are due to chronic diseases (CDC). This has a significant impact on our country’s economy & health care system.
5) Sperm count in Western Men has dropped 50%+ since 1973 (NY Times).
6) Our country’s regulatory bodies are NOT adequately protecting the public from carcinogens and endocrine disruptors in our food and personal care products. There are hidden dangers that most of us are unaware of.
7) In reality, big dairy/AG, the factory-farming industry, GMO industry, amongst others, have tremendous, silent, money-centric control over the American way of life.
8) Factory farms are breeding grounds for bacteria, viruses, parasites. It is a leading cause of climate change, pollution, and animal abuse.
9) Pesticides on our “safe” food are damaging the brains of children & adults both in utero and after birth (Springer Science).
The Importance Of Gut Health
Gut health is foundational for your overall health! In fact, 95% of serotonin is made in the gut.
Serotonin is a very important neurotransmitter that regulates anxiety, happiness, and mood. It’s also essential for sleeping, eating & digestion.
If you’re struggling with depression, mood regulation, anxiety, digestive issues etc… focus on your gut health.
This will not happen overnight… but creating consistent, daily habits to improve your gut can make all of the difference.
Some quick gut health tips:
- Evaluate if you have food sensitivities or intolerances
- Eat a predominantly organic plant-based, anti-inflammatory, diet (give your gut some time to heal).
- Control your stress levels
- Get enough sleep!
- Eat less added sugar
- Don’t take antibiotics unless deemed absolutely necessary by your doctor
- Incorporate prebiotic and probiotic-rich foods with high fiber
- Exercise daily
… and so, so much more.
Where Can You Find More Info?
We have a wide range of information available on the In On Around blog! You can also follow us on Instagram @inonaround and Pinterest, where we consistently post new information. Be sure to check out the shop & Clean Beauty Checklist!
Browse the site & reach out if you have any questions.
We’re so glad you’re here!
Catherine Power, CEO & Founder