What goes in, on & around your body matters.
Welcome to In On Around!
Hi there! I’m Catherine Cabano, the Founder and CEO of In On Around®. I’m a Holistic Health Consultant & Ingredient Safety Expert. At In On Around®, I empower women of all ages to live their happiest and healthiest lives through holistic wellbeing. My mission is to help women ditch the toxins and take control of what goes in, on & around their bodies.
By taking a holistic view of your current lifestyle, I can help you transition to clean beauty & organic, non-toxic nutrition.
Catherine Cabano’s Background
- Bachelor’s of Science in Animal Science with a concentration in Food Science from UConn.
- Harvard University Master’s degree.
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Certified Personal Trainer.
- Fortune 500 work experience in Regulatory Compliance, Personal Care Quality & Food Safety.
- Research, policy and teaching experience in Food Science.
- Lifelong health & fitness advocate.
In my free time, you’ll find me spending time with loved ones, petting dogs (… pretty much every dog I see) & working out.
Why Is Our Mission Focused On Holistic Wellbeing?
Where do I start?! Health & wellness is everything. Health truly is wealth!
In America, we have a “sick care” system, not a “health care” system. You shouldn’t have to get sick to focus on your wellbeing! Being proactive is more effective than being reactive.
In On Around Features
Nominated for Best of Long Island in the holistic wellness category!
→ Homes & Gardens
→ Real Homes
→ Well + Good
→ ET Magazine
→ Organic Krush
→ Clean Juice
Non-Toxic Nail Polish For Kids And Pregnant Women
When you’re making the swap over to nontoxic beauty products, don’t overlook those beautiful nails! Looking for a pretty mani without the dangerous chemicals? What is 10-Free nail polish? Everyone ...
Dry Brushing 101 – How To Dry Brush For Detox
Based on ancient Ayurvedic rituals, dry brushing is a wonderful practice and a great addition to your routine! While the practice has been regularly used for hundreds of years, it's gaining popularity ...
12 Ways To Actually Achieve Your New Year’s Goals and Resolutions
The new year is here! With it comes a fresh opportunity to set new annual & monthly goals. New Year's Resolutions are a great way to check-in on your progress and re-evaluate what is or is not ...
The Dangers Of Fermented Foods – Are They Really Gut-Healthy?
One of the best ways to support a healthy gut is to incorporate fermented foods and drinks into your daily diet! We have trillions of bacteria inside of us - most of which are essential, good ...
The Most Organic, Safe, and Affordable Nontoxic Mattresses
We spend so much of our lifetime in bed (about 1/3 of our lives, to be exact)! It’s essential that we’re not snuggling up to unsafe chemicals. We shouldn't need to threaten our health in order to get ...
Per/Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) – What Are Forever Chemicals & How Do We Avoid Them?
Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (aka "forever chemicals") are getting a lot of attention lately... but what exactly are PFAS? What are forever chemicals and how do they impact our health? How can ...
Is There Mold In Your Coffee Maker? The Best Non-Toxic Coffee Maker (BPA-Free)
Did you know that over half of all coffee makers have MOLD and YEAST growing in their reservoirs?! On average, home coffee makers have more germs than both bathroom door handles and toilet ...
The Best Non-Toxic Tea Kettle That You Need In Your Kitchen ASAP
Raise your hand if you're a tea drinker! Many of us (myself included) regularly use a kettle to quickly heat up water... but with so many kettle options, how do you choose the safest option?! I ...
- ← Previous
Why Preventive Care Is Important
1) 1/4 people are dying from cardiovascular disease (CDC). Our processed meat-centric and “traditional American diet” is making the problem much worse.
2) 1/3 of Americans have high blood pressure (CDC)… A serious underlying condition that makes you vulnerable to illness. We need more nationwide education & awareness on this topic!
3) 10% of the world’s population is obese. By 2045, this number is expected to rise to 22% (New England Journal of Medicine). This is a major public health crisis (plus the implications on our health care system & Medicaid are astronomical).
4) 70% of deaths worldwide are due to chronic diseases (CDC). This has a significant impact on our country’s economy & health care system.
5) Sperm count in Western Men has dropped 50%+ since 1973 (NY Times).
6) Our country’s regulatory bodies are NOT adequately protecting the public from carcinogens and endocrine disruptors in our food and personal care products. There are hidden dangers that most of us are unaware of.
7) In reality, big dairy/AG, the factory-farming industry, GMO industry, amongst others, have tremendous, silent, money-centric control over the American way of life.
8) Factory farms are breeding grounds for bacteria, viruses, parasites. It is a leading cause of climate change, pollution, and animal abuse.
9) Pesticides on our “safe” food are damaging the brains of children & adults both in utero and after birth (Springer Science).
The Importance Of Gut Health
Gut health is foundational for your overall health! In fact, 95% of serotonin is made in the gut.
Serotonin is a very important neurotransmitter that regulates anxiety, happiness, and mood. It’s also essential for sleeping, eating & digestion.
If you’re struggling with depression, mood regulation, anxiety, digestive issues etc… focus on your gut health.
This will not happen overnight… but creating consistent, daily habits to improve your gut can make all of the difference.
Some quick gut health tips:
- Evaluate if you have food sensitivities or intolerances
- Eat a predominantly organic plant-based, anti-inflammatory, diet (give your gut some time to heal).
- Control your stress levels
- Get enough sleep!
- Eat less added sugar
- Don’t take antibiotics unless deemed absolutely necessary by your doctor
- Incorporate prebiotic and probiotic-rich foods with high fiber
- Exercise daily
… and so, so much more.
Where Can You Find More Info?
We have a wide range of information available on the In On Around blog! You can also follow us on Instagram @inonaround and Pinterest, where we consistently post new information. Be sure to check out the shop & Clean Beauty Checklist!
Browse the site & reach out if you have any questions.
We’re so glad you’re here!
Catherine Cabano, CEO & Founder